Being involved in a car accident can be very devastating and life-changing for everyone involved, especially if it results in property damages and/or serious physical injuries. If you’ve been injured in a car accident in Atlanta or were involved in another accident case and suffered injuries, you’re probably considering which personal injury lawyer to help represent you in a lawsuit against the responsible individuals. Hiring the right personal injury attorney can be a difficult or stressful process but it shouldn’t have to be. Most personal injury law firms will offer potential clients a free consultation to help them make the right decision. Before we explain what happens during a client consultation with the attorney, let’s review what happens when you hire an attorney to represent you in an accident case.
What happens in a personal injury lawsuit in Georgia?
The key in every car accident lawsuit is proving that the other driver was negligent and reckless while being behind the wheel. The main purpose of a personal injury lawsuit is to be able to provide the necessary compensation that comes from the at-fault party that has caused either bodily harm or even the wrongful death of an innocent party. The goal of a personal injury lawsuit is to return the victim and or their family members to the same position they were before the tragic event.
Here are the top five common causes of car accidents that have occurred here in Atlanta over the past years:
- Drunk Drivers
- Distracted Drivers
- Manufacturer Defects
- Road and Weather Conditions
Why hire a personal injury lawyer?
Car accident claims can be time-consuming if you were to do it by yourself. This is where having a serious personal injury lawyer to consult with can be very helpful. Instead of you having to deal with legalities while recovering physically from the injuries you suffered, you can rely on your injury attorney to deal with all the aspects of your case to ensure that you can be entitled to financial compensation.
At Council & Associates, we’ve helped countless Atlanta residents with their accident claims. Before we start working with a client, we invite them to do a free consultation with us to discuss their case and see how we can help. We call our free client consultations a “get to know you” chat. When potential clients contact us, we start our conversation by covering four areas. Those areas are, “who, what, when, and how.”
What happens during a consultation with an attorney?
- Who. When we schedule our client consultations, we start first with getting some details about the accident. We want to know who the potential client is and who was involved in the accident. For instance, was the potential client traveling alone, did they have passengers in their vehicle, did the person who caused the accidents have passengers in their vehicle? We also want to know where in Atlanta or Georgia did the accident take place.
- What. Second, we want to know what happened in the accident. This is a potential client’s time to give us full details about how the crash occurred, such as what the weather conditions were like at the time of the accident, was the client wearing his or her seat belt, and at this point, we ask for details about any damage to the potential clients vehicle due to the accident.
- When. Third, we must know when the accident happened. Under Georgia law, in most cases, you have two years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury claim. If a potential client tries to file a personal injury claim after the two- year mark, they may be barred from doing so.
- How. Finally, and most importantly, we must know how the potential client was injured in the crash and how the injuries have limited the person’s day-to-day activities. We also want to know how those injuries have been addressed. Meaning, was the potential client hospitalized due to the injury or were they able to care for their injuries at home.
From the who, what, when and how questions, we can then determine whether our law firm can help the potential client. Unfortunately, we can’t take every case.
Watch our video where we further explain what to expect in your free consultation with a Georgia personal injury attorney.
Consultations with Atlanta Personal Injury Attorney
For over a decade, our Atlanta based personal injury law firm has been advocating for Georgia car accident victims. We have recovered millions of dollars in accident lawsuits on behalf of our clients in and around Atlanta. In each case, we are diligent, we dedicate our time and resources to investigate and interpret your injury case to determine the best course for your legal action, and asses what compensation you are eligible to receive. Our experienced Georgia licensed trial attorneys will provide you with excellent support throughout your case. We provide free consultations and can get started on your case as soon as possible.
We know what you are going through and we understand the enormous emotional and financial burden you are experiencing right now. You should be focusing your energy and effort towards moving forward and recovery–not on proving your case. If you have any questions or would need to talk to an expert car accident lawyer to take your case, call us (404) 562-8857. As our clients know, Our Firm Cares and we are here for you!