What Should you Do After a Car Crash in Atlanta? The Atlanta metropolitan area is a significantly dangerous area for drivers. Multiple lanes of mixed traffic, extensive highways, and aggressive drivers are some of the reasons for the many car accidents, trucking accidents, and motorcycle accidents. Atlanta is one of the top cities that has seen more than its fair share of car-related injuries and deaths. Therefore, it’s smart to know a few key steps you should take if you, or a loved one, are involved in a car accident in Atlanta.
If you were involved in a car crash in Atlanta, you may feel overwhelmed or stressed out on how to manage your accident claim, deal with insurance claims and the insurance company, all while possibly suffering from pain after the accident. In fact, you may not know what to do to initiate an accident claim. Or perhaps the insurance company has asked you to provide a recorded statement and you’re not sure if you should. Don’t worry, you can easily handle this situation with a few quick post-accident tips.
Three Things to Do After a Car Accident
- First, stay calm and try to relax. You may be in shock after the accident or seriously injured and may need medical attention. When it is safe to do so, call the police. Even if the crash didn’t result in injuries, death, or damage to property, you should always call the police. Gather as much information as you can about the driver of the other vehicle(s) involved in the crash including, but not limited to, the driver’s name, address, and insurance information. Frequently, people involved in accidents (especially if they are at fault for causing the accident) will be reluctant to provide such information. However, you must insist on getting as much information about the other drivers of the vehicles involved in the incident.
- Second, do not admit fault for the accident to anyone at the scene of the crash until you have time to assess the particulars of the collision. Also, do not forget to take photos of the damage to the property and the scene of the crash. It may also be helpful to take pictures of any surrounding businesses that may potentially have surveillance video of the crash. Then, if need be, proceed to the nearest hospital to get a medical evaluation or treatment for any injuries you might have sustained during the car crash. If you don’t seek medical attention immediately after the crash, it’s important to do so as soon as possible.
- Finally, after you’ve completed the steps listed above, you should strongly consider hiring an experienced car accident lawyer to help you with your accident claim and before giving a recorded statement to the insurance company. However, before hiring a personal injury lawyer or law firm, it’s very important to do your homework. Do your research. Review the lawyer’s online performance reviews on Google, Avvo, or Yelp. Also, take the time to actually speak with the accident lawyers that you are considering hiring. See if the law firm would be willing to offer you a free consultation to discuss your legal claim and how they will handle the claims process. You can learn a lot about a lawyer within the first five minutes of your conversation.
What is the Cost of Hiring An Accident Attorney?
Accident victims deserve financial recovery from their injuries, property damage, pain, and lost wages. Experienced injury lawyers can either settle an injury claim or file a lawsuit on their injury client’s behalf. Like many people, you may wonder how much it costs to hire a personal injury attorney. You may even be hesitant to contact an attorney after you’ve been injured because you think you can’t afford the legal fees associated with your case. However, at Council & Associates, we take personal injury cases on what’s called a contingency fee basis. In a nutshell, this means you don’t owe us any money until we win your case. The contingency fee is a percentage of the amount we receive on your behalf from the insurance company due to a settlement or after a trial. Therefore, there is no financial risk to hiring our law firm because there is no out of pocket expenses associated with our services.
It doesn’t cost you anything to contact us to talk about your case and it doesn’t cost you any out of pocket expenses if we have to take your case to trial. So, if you or a loved one are injured and you need a team of personal injury lawyers that are willing to fight for what you deserve, call the attorneys at Council & Associates today. You’ll understand what we mean when we say, “Our Firm Cares!”
Remember, you deserve to have an experienced team of personal injury lawyers fighting on your behalf for the following:
- Medical bills for doctor visits or emergency services;
- Lost wages and time missed at work; and
- Pain and suffering, mental anguish, and loss of companionship
Call us now to learn about our NO WIN, NO FEE GUARANTEE! You don’t owe us anything unless we recover compensation for you. If you have any questions about the necessary steps to take after being involved in a car accident, truck accident, or motorcycle accident, please don’t hesitate to contact one of the experienced Atlanta personal injury lawyers at Council & Associates today at (404) 526-8857.