What Damages Can I Recover for an Atlanta Automobile Accident?
Have you been injured in an automobile accident in Atlanta? Are you out of work? Is your family suffering because of a negligent driver? If so, you may be entitled to recover damages from the at-fault driver for the collision. Unfortunately, nothing the law can do will fully compensate you and your family because it cannot undo what has already been done; however, a monetary settlement can help pay for the medical care and other expenses you incur due to the automobile accident.
In order to receive the maximum compensation for your injuries, you need an experienced Atlanta automobile accident attorney to represent you against the insurance companies. The insurance company for the at-fault driver will try to pay the lowest amount possible for your losses. We can protect your legal rights and fight to ensure you receive the correct compensation for your damages.
An Example of an Automobile Accident Settlement
When you are involved in an automobile accident caused by another driver, the other driver’s insurance should compensate you for your out-of-pocket expenses. Examples of recoverable damages include:
- Medical Bills – You are entitled to receive compensation for all medical bills you incur because of the motor vehicle accident. If your health insurance paid any of these bills, your health insurance may be entitled to reimbursement. If you owe the medical providers, the money received can be used to pay these bills. However, you may also be entitled to receive compensation for future medical bills. If you will need continuing medical treatment or personal care because of your injuries, we will work with medical providers and other experts to calculate the amount of compensation you should receive for future medical expenses.
- Lost Wages – If you are unable to work because of your injuries, you are entitled to reimbursement for your lost wages. However, if you are unable to return to work or you are unable to earn the same income as you did before the accident due to your injuries, you may also be entitled to receive compensation for future lost wages and loss of earning capacity. It is important that you work with an experienced personal injury attorney who understands how to calculate this type of damage so that you receive the maximum compensation allowable by law.
- Pain and Suffering – Compensation for pain and suffering is subjective but, you are still entitled to recover such compensation for physical pain and emotional suffering. An attorney who has experience handling automobile accident claims understands how to calculate the value of this type of damage.
- Property Damage – You are entitled to receive reimbursement for the damage to your vehicle and any other property damaged that occurred as a result of the collision.
- Other Damages – Each car accident is different. The damages you are entitled to recover may be different from another accident victim. Consulting with our office before discussing your case with an insurance adjuster or anyone else is crucial.
Call Our Office for a Free Consultation
The Atlanta automobile accident lawyers of Council & Associates, LLC want to protect your legal rights while you focus on recovering and getting stronger. Call (404) 495-5250 or contact us now for a free case evaluation.